Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The End of the Bubble

Hello everyone! I haven't been posting blogs often through language camp, because after my last update my laptop stopped working. Right now I'm typing off my phone, so I'll make this short! I currently have 2 and a half days left of language camp until I head off to my host family. My host family! I actually got them about two weeks ago. I will be living in Herne, Germany with my host mom, dad, and 3 sisters who are 17, 16, and 14. I am starting school this next Monday in the 11th grade. They are a very active family, two of the daughters play basketball and they also like skiing and dancing. I've been talking to them in a mix of German and English over Facebook the past few weeks. They are all so sweet and I am so grateful I have such a wonderful family. I am both nervous and excited to leave language camp and allow the real German adventure to begin. Hedersleben is so tiny, and I am ready to feel more connected to the outside world. However I've grown really close to the other CBYX students and I know that there are some I will really miss. I'll post pictures and write more details about language camp once I get to Herne and have more access to a computer! I've learned a ton of German this month, tried my hand at German cooking, and used their transportation system multiple times, but I still don't feel prepared to be fully immersed in this new culture. I don't know if I ever would; no matter how much I studied. So it's time to pop the safety bubble and dive in! Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment