Thursday, October 18, 2012

Days 5&6: Berliner Time

I think you could live in Berlin for 10 years and still not see all of it. It’s absolutely huge, and with it comes a fast paced, modern city vibe. We traveled everywhere by bus or train, usually sightseeing during the day. Some of the highlights of Berlin were going to a chocolate store where we made our own chocolate creations, a very dramatic Opera (In Italian!), and some crazy ice cream creations (pictures included.). There was an event that was going on while we were there called “Festival of Lights,” where all these buildings were lit up with colorful reflections. We also saw lots of typical tourist sights, like the Brandenburg Gate, Holocaust Memorial, and a huge store where I think you can buy just about anything, called KaDeVe. I’m also going to Berlin one more time next year while my sisters have a basketball tournament, so Valarie and I will stay with my host aunt again and spend a few days in the city. And, my end of the year seminar with the other CBYX’ers is in Berlin. I believe I need to do a bit of research to figure out just what I want to do while I’m there. In a city like Berlin, the possibilities are endless.
Festival of Lights

Whats left of the Berlin Wall- Pretty amazing to
 be standing where so much history occured.


Making Chocolate!


Holocaust Memorial

Not only is it icecream, it's also art!

No comments:

Post a Comment